Swansea till I die
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want Swansea City to beat Histon 6-0 in the FA Cup

3 posters

Go down

I want Swansea City to beat Histon 6-0 in the FA Cup Empty I want Swansea City to beat Histon 6-0 in the FA Cup

Post  Edzzie93 Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:56 pm

Fantastic article by Same Green of the telegraph

Histon were probably not firing off the party-poppers when they drew Swansea City in the FA Cup third round, but the hearts of Swans followers must have sunk too at news of the draw.

"Oh no, not another bunch of chippy postmen, plumbers and van drivers," they must have groaned in South Wales.

The 'Romance of the Cup' is fine when you're a neutral or one of the plucky underdogs being urged on, seemingly, by the entire nation.

But when it's your team being lined up for humiliation, destined for immortalisation in endless television montages and newspaper features, it's no laughing matter.

And Swansea must have felt they had done their time last season.

They suffered the ignominy of a third-round exit at the hands Havant and Waterlooville, the impact of which was only slightly lessened by the Hampshire side's heroics in losing at Anfield in the next round.

Swansea's defeat came in a replay, having been held at home by the part-timers.

They also allowed Non-League dreams an extended life in the second round, when they required a replay to kill off Horsham.

And in the first round they generously gave another Ryman League outfit, Billericay, a glimpse of glory, the men from Essex going ahead before Swansea eventually won 2-1.

Surely the Non-League gods could leave Swansea alone this season.

But oh no, here come Histon. Bah humbug.

So, ITV and millions of armchair fans will be baying for Swansea's blushes come January.

Any 'fairytales' that do occur will be mercilessly hyped up.

Take Histon's win over Leeds at the weekend. Somebody on BBC Five Live suggested it might be the most famous upset in the FA Cup's history.

The reality is far less dramatic. Sure, the history and public image of each club gave the tie a David versus Goliath feel.

But the facts are that Histon are second in the Conference and could well be in League Two next season - one level below Leeds.

I remember when my team, Brighton, drew Crawley in the FA Cup a few years back, for a humdinger all-Sussex FA Cup showdown.

About 5,000 'Crawley' fans came down to the Goldstone, many of them apparently Chelsea or, even worse, Crystal Palace supporters. We won 5-0 and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Personally, I hope Swansea beat Histon 6-0.
Edzzie93
Edzzie93
First team regular
First team regular

Back to top Go down

I want Swansea City to beat Histon 6-0 in the FA Cup Empty Re: I want Swansea City to beat Histon 6-0 in the FA Cup

Post  Rhos-Jack Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:33 am

So do i
Rhos-Jack
Rhos-Jack
On the bench
On the bench

Back to top Go down

I want Swansea City to beat Histon 6-0 in the FA Cup Empty Re: I want Swansea City to beat Histon 6-0 in the FA Cup

Post  MrSafe Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:35 am

I dont think any1 will argue with that lol
MrSafe
MrSafe
Impact sub
Impact sub

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down