Swansea till I die
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swansea 2 Cardiff 2

+10
MrSafe
Llanelli_Jack
Thomasjenx
Cooper9
Cornellyjak
AberdareJack
Dunley
SideshowMatt
Jack4life
Edzzie93
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Swansea 2 Cardiff 2 Empty Swansea 2 Cardiff 2

Post  Edzzie93 Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:57 am

So far so good...

PRATLEY!!!!!! swim away

Last edited by Edzzie93 on Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:36 am; edited 3 times in total
Edzzie93
Edzzie93
First team regular
First team regular

Back to top Go down

Swansea 2 Cardiff 2 Empty Re: Swansea 2 Cardiff 2

Post  Edzzie93 Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:02 am

Oo Ledley
Edzzie93
Edzzie93
First team regular
First team regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack4life Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:17 am

Are Deffence is shit
Jack4life
Jack4life
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  Edzzie93 Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:22 am

Oh ffs Dorus mad

Never a pen!
Edzzie93
Edzzie93
First team regular
First team regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Edzzie93 Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:25 am

Ref now your talking

Mcphail off....again bye bye
Edzzie93
Edzzie93
First team regular
First team regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Edzzie93 Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:37 am

Feed the bull rofl
Edzzie93
Edzzie93
First team regular
First team regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Edzzie93 Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:05 am

Oh well does'nt look like we'll win this game a point is a point
Edzzie93
Edzzie93
First team regular
First team regular

Back to top Go down

Post  SideshowMatt Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:54 am

Very poor refereeing. However, if we can keep up with a full strength scumdiff, with the weaker side we put out today, then there is hope.

OTJ was non existent. I was shocked that Martinez didn't pull him off, as he was a waste of space today. Butler is not back to his best yet. On the bright side, Monk had probably his best game this season, and Pintado got himself on the score sheet.

I think we need to get some more people in on loan, as we need someone to cover Bodde and another striker. Scotland was out of steam after 20 mins.

If you had asked me at 9am this morning if I would have taken 2-2 I would have most definitely. However after seeing how we played the second half, I feel bad we didn't get a win.
SideshowMatt
SideshowMatt
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack4life Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:02 am

great goal by pintado
Jack4life
Jack4life
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunley Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:43 am

Orightish game..Ref was shocking !! OTJ had a quiet game,McDonald done well fair play but I agree,we need players in on loan,Britton and Pratley now out of Bristol City game (n)
Dunley
Dunley
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  AberdareJack Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:47 am

We played cardiff off the park. De Vries didnt have a save to make bar the penalty. I thought southampton were a better side and like Matt said OTJ was shocking! Shaun Mac proved me wrong and did well, but Scotland had no energy and should have been hustling and chasing down a lot more. Routledge looked good for them and that was about it - a very poor side who rely on set pieces.
AberdareJack
AberdareJack
Über admin
Über admin

http://www.abulletproofidea.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornellyjak Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:06 am

SideshowMatt wrote:Very poor refereeing. However, if we can keep up with a full strength scumdiff, with the weaker side we put out today, then there is hope.

OTJ was non existent. I was shocked that Martinez didn't pull him off, as he was a waste of space today. Butler is not back to his best yet. On the bright side, Monk had probably his best game this season, and Pintado got himself on the score sheet.

I think we need to get some more people in on loan, as we need someone to cover Bodde and another striker. Scotland was out of steam after 20 mins.

If you had asked me at 9am this morning if I would have taken 2-2 I would have most definitely. However after seeing how we played the second half, I feel bad we didn't get a win.

SSM, you've taken the words out of my mouth.
OTJ has to go out on load into League 1 as hes not good enough for this level. McDonald was quite poor also when he came on but he at least did try.
Scotland is definately falling short of this league. He has to go to L1 also.
Britton took the ball and should never have been sent off.
Enkelman should not have had one of his best games of his career either.

Damn those missed chances.

With the wingers would work more on the wing and go a bit more direct at the line rather than try what Robinson used to do, they dont have Robbo's strength.
Cornellyjak
Cornellyjak
On the bench
On the bench

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=info&edit_info=all#/profil

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack4life Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:51 am

OTJ was awful McDonald shud ave started before him
Jack4life
Jack4life
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  Cooper9 Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:59 am

SideshowMatt, your spot on with that post mate! bigwink

Cardiff City's falling down! bricks
Cooper9
Cooper9
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomasjenx Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:11 am

OTJ was solid and make an excellent block late on, he is good enough at this level. He will start at Bristol as Pratley and Britton are banned. Him and Gomez centre mid. Also, Britton's two offenses did warrant a red card. Cardiff had another soft penalty thanks to cereal diver Chopra; Bessone didn't touch him. A draw is fair considering the balance of the game when the was 11 v 11. Scotland messed a good chance and Cardiff's 'keeper had a very good game.
Thomasjenx
Thomasjenx
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Back to top Go down

Post  Edzzie93 Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:21 am

Oh god how arrogant and stupid are cardiff fans?

" Mcphail won you that draw "

rofl
Edzzie93
Edzzie93
First team regular
First team regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Llanelli_Jack Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:25 am

My 3rd Swans Vs Scum derby as it happened... rofl

Good game I thought. We played very well with the team we had out. Good first half but disapointed with their late goal. WHy did monk leave it go out casually for a corner i dont know? Yet it was a good strike from ledley (the waaanker) Who was picking him up?
Second half, and the pen. WTF. It was never a pen, Bessonee didnt touch him, and chopra if ur reading this, U CHEAATING SCUM BAAASTARD!
Sending off was stupid, but if you get booked for that these days, its a fair decision. What a goal from Pintado from the corner, lets hope he gets some confidence from this now. And the celebration. Did anyone have me fly over them in the east stand? I was down about 2/3 rows from where my seat was after we scored! rofl bow
Brittons sending off was a joke, he clearly took the ball. Which comes to my decicison, the ref was a twaat! All game he gave needless bookings for no reason. What was pratleys booking for? etc...
End of game.

Good point, now im home. I want to sleep. Aint slept since about fri evening.

swimaway2 Bring on ninian park.

*Post edited by AJ: Please read the rules regarding references to football violence - we do not want this site taken down or people arrested because of what people post.
Llanelli_Jack
Llanelli_Jack
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSafe Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:32 am

It was a good game. Must of been great for a neutral watching tho. 4 goals, 2 red cards and a great atmosphere.
I recorded the game and when i came back from the liberty looked at the major incidents. Cardiff's pen wasnt a pen as Bessone didn't touch him and went for the ball.
But sadly leon Britton's second yellow was fair as he went through the player to get the ball.
MrSafe
MrSafe
Impact sub
Impact sub

Back to top Go down

Post  StaffordshireJack Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:46 am

Fair enough result I suppose. Once again a referee who wants to make a statement! In a derby keep things calm and keep the cards in your pocket, but from the first whistle he was giving too many out instead of keeping things calm and getting on with it.

Obviously with Bodde & Gomez i feel we'd have broken through their brick wall with that big of extra quality but still. Gorka, IMO, should be given a run of at least 3 starts. Though with suspensions now to Leon and Pratters our midfield is looking woefully low on numbers and quality for the time being, so 4-4-2 may well be favoured, especially against Barnsley! But Gorka needs starts no doubt.

De Vries - Nothing to do, didn't expect him to save the penno lol (wasn't a penno of course) but our goal was offside soo evens itself out!

Rangel - Awesome today got forward well, though got into the box 6 yards out once but instead of pulling the trigger wanted to walk it in hee hee Top performance from the lad!

Monk - Very solid performance from Monks i thought

Williams - As above

Bessone - Struggled with Routledge but most would have! Not 100% sure on the lad but, he's doing fine

Gower - Good first half, but very similar to Butler in style, lack of pace so can rarely beat his man, cuts inside and the attack carrys on.

Pratley - Did well, good finish, would have given MOM to Angel though:P

Leon - Good performance apart from his silly lunge, never looks like he can lose the ball. Top player

OTJ - Not sure what he offered except holding, but especially when we have an extra man, he wasn't needed!

Butler - Didn't protect Angel well in the first half and didn't do much going forward. IMO it's either Gower or Tommy for the wing, and get someone else with pace in on loan if possible

Scotland - Ok?!

MacDonald - Did well with the instant impact, but looked like he wanted to beat everyone all the time and often ran into a brick wall
Pintado - Start the lad, whether in 4-5-1 or 4-4-2, start him.

All in all, decent, but obviously we missed our 2 most influential players, whom i believe could have provided that extra bit of quality in the final third to snatch the winner. Butler didn't look good enough today. Gorka is still adapting to the English game which is clearly a much higher tempo than he's used to playing, but i'd definately have him in my next few starting 11's.

A few players ideally need to be brought in in January. Someone in the centre, a pacey winger and a goalscorer. That'd be ideal but we shall see! Well done lads
StaffordshireJack
StaffordshireJack
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Back to top Go down

Post  AberdareJack Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:07 pm

Thomasjenx wrote:OTJ was solid and make an excellent block late on, he is good enough at this level. He will start at Bristol as Pratley and Britton are banned. Him and Gomez centre mid. Also, Britton's two offenses did warrant a red card. Cardiff had another soft penalty thanks to cereal diver Chopra; Bessone didn't touch him. A draw is fair considering the balance of the game when the was 11 v 11. Scotland messed a good chance and Cardiff's 'keeper had a very good game.

I disagree with you about OTJ he was slow and looked shaky even though he did make a good block late on. As for Roberto saying that he is a future wales captain, well he probably means basketball or something. No range of passing whatsoever so we may need to dip into the loan market come january.
AberdareJack
AberdareJack
Über admin
Über admin

http://www.abulletproofidea.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornellyjak Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:27 pm

StaffordshireJack wrote:Fair enough result I suppose. Once again a referee who wants to make a statement! In a derby keep things calm and keep the cards in your pocket, but from the first whistle he was giving too many out instead of keeping things calm and getting on with it.

Obviously with Bodde & Gomez i feel we'd have broken through their brick wall with that big of extra quality but still. Gorka, IMO, should be given a run of at least 3 starts. Though with suspensions now to Leon and Pratters our midfield is looking woefully low on numbers and quality for the time being, so 4-4-2 may well be favoured, especially against Barnsley! But Gorka needs starts no doubt.

De Vries - Nothing to do, didn't expect him to save the penno lol (wasn't a penno of course) but our goal was offside soo evens itself out!

Rangel - Awesome today got forward well, though got into the box 6 yards out once but instead of pulling the trigger wanted to walk it in hee hee Top performance from the lad!

Monk - Very solid performance from Monks i thought

Williams - As above

Bessone - Struggled with Routledge but most would have! Not 100% sure on the lad but, he's doing fine

Gower - Good first half, but very similar to Butler in style, lack of pace so can rarely beat his man, cuts inside and the attack carrys on.

Pratley - Did well, good finish, would have given MOM to Angel though:P

Leon - Good performance apart from his silly lunge, never looks like he can lose the ball. Top player

OTJ - Not sure what he offered except holding, but especially when we have an extra man, he wasn't needed!

Butler - Didn't protect Angel well in the first half and didn't do much going forward. IMO it's either Gower or Tommy for the wing, and get someone else with pace in on loan if possible

Scotland - Ok?!

MacDonald - Did well with the instant impact, but looked like he wanted to beat everyone all the time and often ran into a brick wall
Pintado - Start the lad, whether in 4-5-1 or 4-4-2, start him.

All in all, decent, but obviously we missed our 2 most influential players, whom i believe could have provided that extra bit of quality in the final third to snatch the winner. Butler didn't look good enough today. Gorka is still adapting to the English game which is clearly a much higher tempo than he's used to playing, but i'd definately have him in my next few starting 11's.

A few players ideally need to be brought in in January. Someone in the centre, a pacey winger and a goalscorer. That'd be ideal but we shall see! Well done lads

Excellent post. very true to the game.
Cornellyjak
Cornellyjak
On the bench
On the bench

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=info&edit_info=all#/profil

Back to top Go down

Post  StaffordshireJack Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:58 pm

For the smallest player on the pitch in the majority if not all games, he's the one you'll always find in the nitty gritty tight areas scrapping for the ball (more often than not weaving his way out/winning the ball back)

Leon Britton - You Jack Barsteward!

clap clap
StaffordshireJack
StaffordshireJack
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack4life Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:41 pm

scotland ok he was awsome
Jack4life
Jack4life
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  baglan-jack Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:51 pm

The game was awesome, i was on edge the whole game. Every player played their part.

baglan-jack
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Back to top Go down

Post  JACK77 Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:46 pm

Agreed with most things said....Macdonald reminds me bit of Adrian forbes...wot he lacks in skill he makes up for in shear determination. He also floated in a great corner kick for Pintado,and lets face it we don't score many from those situations. Big shame about Britton...for me the most important player in the squad...i'm just amazed but "glad" that other teams haven't put bids in for him. Atmosphere wasn't as good as the cup game but still enjoyed the day big smiles

JACK77

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next