Swansea till I die
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sky's coverage of Sunday's game

+3
Dunley
MrSafe
brecon_jack
7 posters

Go down

Sky's coverage of Sunday's game Empty Sky's coverage of Sunday's game

Post  brecon_jack Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:17 pm

Did anyone else think it was awful? Even before our match they were concentrating on the battle between the galacticos of British football; Luton and Scunthorpe for the prestigious Johnston's Piant Trophy! There was about 5 minutes of post match analysis and then they went straight to even more pre match build up on the other game!
brecon_jack
brecon_jack
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Sky's coverage of Sunday's game Empty Re: Sky's coverage of Sunday's game

Post  MrSafe Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:42 pm

It was like a turd on a stick rofl
MrSafe
MrSafe
Impact sub
Impact sub

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunley Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:49 pm

brecon_jack wrote:Did anyone else think it was awful? Even before our match they were concentrating on the battle between the galacticos of British football; Luton and Scunthorpe for the prestigious Johnston's Piant Trophy! There was about 5 minutes of post match analysis and then they went straight to even more pre match build up on the other game!

Owned !
Dunley
Dunley
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSafe Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:51 pm

Dunley wrote:
brecon_jack wrote:Did anyone else think it was awful? Even before our match they were concentrating on the battle between the galacticos of British football; Luton and Scunthorpe for the prestigious Johnston's Piant Trophy! There was about 5 minutes of post match analysis and then they went straight to even more pre match build up on the other game!

Owned !
WTF? lol rofl
MrSafe
MrSafe
Impact sub
Impact sub

Back to top Go down

Post  brecon_jack Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:12 pm

MrSafe wrote:It was like a turd on a stick rofl

hee hee Thanks for making me spit my drink out on the floor rofl
brecon_jack
brecon_jack
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSafe Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:28 pm

brecon_jack wrote:
MrSafe wrote:It was like a turd on a stick rofl

hee hee Thanks for making me spit my drink out on the floor rofl
No probs man thumbs up anytime rofl
MrSafe
MrSafe
Impact sub
Impact sub

Back to top Go down

Post  dybie_jack Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:56 am

I agree the build up wasn't very good, I was expecting some more. And I waited to hear Martinez' reacition after the game and nothing happened. Buggers!
Where did everyone go then? Home? Pub?
I spent most of Saturday looking for a pub down in Pembrokeshire.
We went to Narbeth and no one was opening early enough or not showing the game at all.
Then we found a fantastic pub in Whitland, right next door to the train staion (the station hotel).
We were in by 9am, had a full cooked breakfast and a perfect iew of the tv.
I would recommend if anyone is down that way to go and visit the pub.
dybie_jack
dybie_jack
First team squad member
First team squad member

Back to top Go down

Post  Evanski Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:53 am

dybie_jack wrote:

I agree the build up wasn't very good, I was expecting some more. And I waited to hear Martinez' reacition after the game and nothing happened. Buggers!
We went to Narbeth and no one was opening early enough or not showing the game at all.
Then we found a fantastic pub in Whitland, right next door to the train staion (the station hotel).

Shame you couldn't watch it in Narberth Sian - that's where Joey Allen's from and the place would've been bouncing when he belted in his goal.
Evanski
Evanski
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Back to top Go down

Post  dybie_jack Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:58 pm

Evanski wrote:
dybie_jack wrote:

Shame you couldn't watch it in Narberth Sian - that's where Joey Allen's from and the place would've been bouncing when he belted in his goal.

We spent about an hour in Narbeth on Saturday trying to find a pub and they all said that they would be opening at 12 a therefore wouldn't show the game, I was so shocked and then even more on Sunday when I was told he was a Narbeth boy! Not one pub showed it (unless they didn't like the look of us and decided to lie!).
Anyway it was a fun weekend for me!
dybie_jack
dybie_jack
First team squad member
First team squad member

Back to top Go down

Post  baglan-jack Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:22 pm

The trouble is that it was a football league final, whilst it doesn't mean anything to us know it means an awful lot to Luton town and i think this is why it took so much attention during the break. I was disapointed with the coverage but, there was a league final on as well.

baglan-jack
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Back to top Go down

Post  brecon_jack Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:33 pm

baglan-jack wrote:The trouble is that it was a football league final, whilst it doesn't mean anything to us know it means an awful lot to Luton town and i think this is why it took so much attention during the break. I was disapointed with the coverage but, there was a league final on as well.

But that's no excuse to take up time before our game. Surely it would have made more sense to have more of a build up to our game considering the programme for the final was advertised to begin at 1.15ish?
brecon_jack
brecon_jack
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  baglan-jack Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:20 pm

Our game finished at 12:55 i think, thats only 20 odd mins in which to talk about our game and the Final.

It is just bad time keeping between all the kick offs.

baglan-jack
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Back to top Go down

Post  Dorristhejack Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:43 am

How would we have felt if we were luton fans and the buildup for our biggest game in years and probly years to come was overshadowed by a championship game, sky had to try and make everyone happy as best as they could and personally i think they achieved this, we got to see the game at the end of the day so what you all complaining about.
Dorristhejack
Dorristhejack
First team squad member
First team squad member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down