Swansea till I die
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good point but we were only really thanking him for the good times

+5
DBSwansea
JACK77
dybie_jack
baglan-jack
Dunley
9 posters

Go down

Good point but we were only really thanking him for the good times Empty Good point but we were only really thanking him for the good times

Post  Dunley Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:04 pm

Just found this Martinez comments He has a good point IMO 'cos we did cheer him more than our own players whcih shouldn't have happened really,only one or two chants for him but it was a bit of a thank you for the legendary times he brought us.
Dunley
Dunley
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Good point but we were only really thanking him for the good times Empty Re: Good point but we were only really thanking him for the good times

Post  baglan-jack Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:09 pm

This is a tricky one, Trunds wanted to say good bye to the Swansea fans and he made this public, so the fans were thanking him etc. RM comments are strange IMO but it is best just to forget it now, the fans have said bye and now lets look forward.

baglan-jack
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Back to top Go down

Good point but we were only really thanking him for the good times Empty Re: Good point but we were only really thanking him for the good times

Post  dybie_jack Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:32 am

That is a bit tricky, but this was the chance to show their appreciation.
I'm sorry Martinez felt like that but the fans love him, they were going to do something nice. Maybe they should have invited him back to the Liberty earlier on and announce he was there for everyone to show their appreication then maybe it wouldn't have been such a fuss!
i would hope that all the fans appreciate the players who've stayed, I for one certanly do and know how hard they work, but i'd never not show my appreciation for a guy who did a lot for the club aswell, also my reason for enjoying the game!
dybie_jack
dybie_jack
First team squad member
First team squad member

Back to top Go down

Post  JACK77 Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:44 am

Wot exactly happened?? Did Trunds address our fans when he came on...or at the end....wot songs did we sing about him...did he blow kisses at us...did he lift up his shirt to reveal JacK Army written across his chessstGood point but we were only really thanking him for the good times Vhz22q hooray

JACK77

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunley Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:49 am

JACK77 wrote:Wot exactly happened?? Did Trunds address our fans when he came on...or at the end....wot songs did we sing about him...did he blow kisses at us...did he lift up his shirt to reveal JacK Army written across his chessstGood point but we were only really thanking him for the good times Vhz22q hooray

We sang Lee Trundle my lord and Lee Lee Lee Trundl..he applauded us and threatened to hit Gavin Williams swim away music
Dunley
Dunley
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  DBSwansea Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:53 am

I was listening to the radio and didn't here many of the Swans normal chants it was all trundle.

But the day has gone, and it's plainly obvious from the managers comments that Lee will never wear a Swans shirt.

There's a difference between cheering a former player, and chanting his name for most of the match. And if i'm honest I would've been upset at the support the team got yesterday if I was there.

Lets move on, Barnsley on Tuesday and time for playoff final revenge.
DBSwansea
DBSwansea

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=516785633&ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JACK77 Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:03 am

Dunley wrote:
JACK77 wrote:Wot exactly happened?? Did Trunds address our fans when he came on...or at the end....wot songs did we sing about him...did he blow kisses at us...did he lift up his shirt to reveal JacK Army written across his chessstGood point but we were only really thanking him for the good times Vhz22q hooray

We sang Lee Trundle my lord and Lee Lee Lee Trundl..he applauded us and threatened to hit Gavin Williams swim away music

hee hee clap clap

JACK77

Back to top Go down

Post  DBSwansea Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:05 am

I can't see him playing many more games for bristol either, apparently he's in hot water for his comments building upto the game.
DBSwansea
DBSwansea

Back to top Go down

Post  JACK77 Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:15 am

DBSwansea wrote:I can't see him playing many more games for bristol either, apparently he's in hot water for his comments building upto the game.

Well lets hope he finds a club that recognises his talents then. Apart from the very end of last season, he's been an expensive flop @ brizzle... unhappy

JACK77

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhos-Jack Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:01 am

It wasnt all trundle songs, only before the game and when he got up to warm up with gavin williams but we did sing alot of normal swans songs i dont agree with martinez and im quite angry that he thinks we didnt care about anything other than trundle, ofcourse we were delighted with how the team gave their all to gain a well earned point
Rhos-Jack
Rhos-Jack
On the bench
On the bench

Back to top Go down

Post  DBSwansea Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:25 am

Rhos-Jack wrote:It wasnt all trundle songs, only before the game and when he got up to warm up with gavin williams but we did sing alot of normal swans songs i dont agree with martinez and im quite angry that he thinks we didnt care about anything other than trundle, ofcourse we were delighted with how the team gave their all to gain a well earned point

I wasn't there, just going by the radio coverage. I can understand Martinez's frustrations and I think he's correct to vent his frustrations and let the fans know how our players felt uinder those conditions.

I hope now that game is over with the whole trundle saga can be put to bed.
DBSwansea
DBSwansea

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhos-Jack Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:29 am

I agree on the trundle bit we shouldnt have kept singing but

he said "It was disappointing in a way because... it seems that probably the point didn't count that much."

Ofcourse the point counted thats why 1000+ travelled to support the lads including me
Rhos-Jack
Rhos-Jack
On the bench
On the bench

Back to top Go down

Post  Llanelli_Jack Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:17 am

Dunley wrote:

Hate that Williams, a swans fan on the bus at crewe the other year saw him in the services and went to have a word with him. But gavin made a short exit as he was shitting himself.
Llanelli_Jack
Llanelli_Jack
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunley Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:31 am

Llanelli_Jack wrote:
Dunley wrote:

Hate that Williams, a swans fan on the bus at crewe the other year saw him in the services and went to have a word with him. But gavin made a short exit as he was shitting himself.

Couple of may mates said he give the fans a one finger salute mad
Dunley
Dunley
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  dybie_jack Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:42 am

It's only now Radio Wales have picked up on Martinez' comments, what a bunch of mad
dybie_jack
dybie_jack
First team squad member
First team squad member

Back to top Go down

Post  Edzzie93 Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:56 am

The comments make Martinez seem like a pr*ck im sure he ment it in a good way! the media always spin things!
Edzzie93
Edzzie93
First team regular
First team regular

Back to top Go down

Post  baglan-jack Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:45 pm

A league 1 club would have him, i am thinking leeds or mk dons to make sure they actually go up

baglan-jack
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Back to top Go down

Post  baglan-jack Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:46 pm

I was miss quoted by the bbc when my research went public, they ask questions that you feel you must answer and they only pick up the juicy provoking stuff

baglan-jack
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornellyjak Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:39 am

Sorry RM, but a very dire performance was capped off by a very talented player showing us he still cares and has feelings for the club. Dont disagree with RM very often but his time i DO! finger
Cornellyjak
Cornellyjak
On the bench
On the bench

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=info&edit_info=all#/profil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down