Mark Hughes

Go down

Mark Hughes Empty Mark Hughes

Post  AberdareJack on Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:08 pm

Will be the next prem manager to be sacked! Man City out of the cup and hovering just above the drop zone. I like Sparky but he is being found out again as a manager.
AberdareJack
AberdareJack
Über admin
Über admin

Posts : 159
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 50
Location : Aberdare

http://www.abulletproofidea.com

Back to top Go down

Mark Hughes Empty Re: Mark Hughes

Post  Jack4life on Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:37 pm

AberdareJack wrote:Will be the next prem manager to be sacked! Man City out of the cup and hovering just above the drop zone. I like Sparky but he is being found out again as a manager.

found out .... what u mean ?? you dont become a bad manager over a couple of months look where blackburn are without him
Jack4life
Jack4life
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Posts : 157
Join date : 2008-11-08
Age : 29
Location : Gutersloh/Germany

Back to top Go down

Mark Hughes Empty Re: Mark Hughes

Post  Dunley on Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:22 pm

Sack Toshbag and replace him with Sparky too get a few of the old regulars back into the Welsh squad and get people enjoying watching their own national football team again.
Dunley
Dunley
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Posts : 112
Join date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Mark Hughes Empty Re: Mark Hughes

Post  JACK77 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:41 pm

Dunley wrote:Sack Toshbag and replace him with Sparky too get a few of the old regulars back into the Welsh squad and get people enjoying watching their own national football team again.

he's not doin that bad...and i like sparky aswell but no way do want him back..ffs!

JACK77
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 291
Join date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Mark Hughes Empty Re: Mark Hughes

Post  SCFC_Messiah on Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:28 pm

Dunley wrote:Sack Toshbag and replace him with Sparky too get a few of the old regulars back into the Welsh squad and get people enjoying watching their own national football team again.

We have a future with Toshack. We didn't with Hughes.

I can't believe what I just read uh Our future is a thousand times rosier than it's been in god knows how long. Look at the players we have coming through- if they reach what we're capable of, Wales will have a fantastic squad of players. Toshack and his team deserve bundles of credit for the players they've unearthed.

SCFC_Messiah
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Posts : 76
Join date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Mark Hughes Empty Re: Mark Hughes

Post  Jack4life on Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:51 am

JACK77 wrote:
Dunley wrote:Sack Toshbag and replace him with Sparky too get a few of the old regulars back into the Welsh squad and get people enjoying watching their own national football team again.

he's not doin that bad...and i like sparky aswell but no way do want him back..ffs!

i would love him back
Jack4life
Jack4life
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Posts : 157
Join date : 2008-11-08
Age : 29
Location : Gutersloh/Germany

Back to top Go down

Mark Hughes Empty Re: Mark Hughes

Post  AberdareJack on Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:17 am

Jack4life wrote:
JACK77 wrote:
Dunley wrote:Sack Toshbag and replace him with Sparky too get a few of the old regulars back into the Welsh squad and get people enjoying watching their own national football team again.

he's not doin that bad...and i like sparky aswell but no way do want him back..ffs!

i would love him back

Sparky got one result and that was Italy. He has lived off the back of that ever since.

Whoever comes in after Tosh will reap the rewards of all the hard work he has put in over the last few years. Realistically, we must be looking at 3rd in our group which considering it is a tough group, would be an amazing achievement for a squad of young players.
Who would you rather have in your team - Savage or Ramsay? Its a no-brainer! Look at all the other kids that have come through Bale, Gunter, Evans, Church, Hennesey, Allen, Williams - the list goes on! None of these would have had a look in under Hughes!
The average age of our team was 28-33 under Hughes which is far too old for an international team. Tosh has lowered that age group significantly.

I hope Brian Flynn gets offered the job after Tosh goes as he knows these players inside out.
AberdareJack
AberdareJack
Über admin
Über admin

Posts : 159
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 50
Location : Aberdare

http://www.abulletproofidea.com

Back to top Go down

Mark Hughes Empty Re: Mark Hughes

Post  Jack4life on Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:41 am

AberdareJack wrote:
Jack4life wrote:
JACK77 wrote:
Dunley wrote:Sack Toshbag and replace him with Sparky too get a few of the old regulars back into the Welsh squad and get people enjoying watching their own national football team again.

he's not doin that bad...and i like sparky aswell but no way do want him back..ffs!

i would love him back

Sparky got one result and that was Italy. He has lived off the back of that ever since.

Whoever comes in after Tosh will reap the rewards of all the hard work he has put in over the last few years. Realistically, we must be looking at 3rd in our group which considering it is a tough group, would be an amazing achievement for a squad of young players.
Who would you rather have in your team - Savage or Ramsay? Its a no-brainer! Look at all the other kids that have come through Bale, Gunter, Evans, Church, Hennesey, Allen, Williams - the list goes on! None of these would have had a look in under Hughes!
The average age of our team was 28-33 under Hughes which is far too old for an international team. Tosh has lowered that age group significantly.

I hope Brian Flynn gets offered the job after Tosh goes as he knows these players inside out.

lived off the back of tht ital result thats bollox hes got us the cloest to a big tournment than anyone
Jack4life
Jack4life
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Posts : 157
Join date : 2008-11-08
Age : 29
Location : Gutersloh/Germany

Back to top Go down

Mark Hughes Empty Re: Mark Hughes

Post  Dunley on Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:50 am

I'm just going to keep my mouth shut from now on smile zip it
Dunley
Dunley
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Posts : 112
Join date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Mark Hughes Empty Re: Mark Hughes

Post  DBSwansea on Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:02 am

Dunley wrote:I'm just going to keep my mouth shut from now on smile zip it

This isn't communist china. You have you opinions and the grumpy gits have thiers. Tha's the point of a forum.

_________________
UBoss Supplements | Training Log

"Most powerlifters share some common defects. We, as a whole for whatever reason, LOVE to punish, beat and torture ourselves beyond the limits of mind and body. It is our spirit that prevails. This defect of intelligence and sensibility pushes us on to the next level, makes us better and stronger. "
DBSwansea
DBSwansea
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 284
Join date : 2008-11-08
Age : 37
Location : The mean streets of Penlan

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=516785633&ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Mark Hughes Empty Re: Mark Hughes

Post  Evanski on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:28 am

I can't believe anyone wanting Sparky back and getting shot of Toshack. Sparky had the best crop of players from which to choose since the early 90s and still managed to f*ck things up. We started the group superbly following a run of outstanding friendly results, but he never had a plan B and as soon as teams sussed out how to play against us we went on a huge run without a win. His tactical ineptness ultimately cost us qualification because when Russia scored in Cardiff in the play-off Hughes simply had no idea how to change the formation in a way that might have allowed us to score two goals. I remember nearly walking out as soon as Russia scored (about midway through the 1st half if I remember correctly) because it was so patently obvious that we wouldn't get the 2 goals we then needed. The simple fact of the matter is that we beat Italy because they came to Cardiff expecting to win. Their arrogance was their own downfall. What's more, when Sparky realised that his team had reached their peak and were on a downward spiral he f*cked off to mighty Blackburn leaving us in the shit...thanks for that mate.

Under Toshack I have already seen two of the best performances by a Welsh team that I've ever seen (I've been going to Wales matches since 1985 and haven't missed a home qualifier since 1999 - in total I've seen about 60-70 Wales matches). In Austria and Slovakia Wales were magnificent, and with the exception of the home debacle against Slovakia which was clearly a freak result where they scored with every shot they had (Paul Jones' fault, not Tosh's) we haven't disgraced ourselves once. Gone are the days of losing 7-1 in Holland with more or less a 100% Premiership team, 5-0 in Georgia, 5-1 in Romania, 4-0 twice in Italy (one of which was under Sparky of course) etc etc, and because of the groundwork put in by Tosh and Flynny (who was appointed under the insistence of Tosh) we can look forward to 10-15 years of success.

Tosh made it clear from the start that it would take years of rebuilding before Wales could compete again (thanks to Sparky who went for the quick fix of playing experienced players and bringing through hardly no youngsters) and that's why he insisted on a 5 yr contract when he started. To suggest sacking him and bringing back Sparky just when we're starting to play well is, frankly, moronic. Besides, why should someone else reap the rewards of Tosh and Flynn's hard work??

AJ - I'd love to see Flynn get a crack at the Wales manager job when Tosh steps down because he deserves a go after two spells as Wales u21 coach, including the most successful period in the u21s history, and he clearly desperately wants a crack at the job, but I think Deano's being groomed for the role and I fear Flynny's boat has sailed. I'd still like to see Flynn assist him though, or carry on with the magnificent job he's doing with the kids (he coaches all the age level teams, not just the u21s).
Evanski
Evanski
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2008-11-14
Location : Aberystwyth

Back to top Go down

Mark Hughes Empty Re: Mark Hughes

Post  JACK77 on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:46 am

Evanski wrote:I can't believe anyone wanting Sparky back and getting shot of Toshack. Sparky had the best crop of players from which to choose since the early 90s and still managed to f*ck things up. We started the group superbly following a run of outstanding friendly results, but he never had a plan B and as soon as teams sussed out how to play against us we went on a huge run without a win. His tactical ineptness ultimately cost us qualification because when Russia scored in Cardiff in the play-off Hughes simply had no idea how to change the formation in a way that might have allowed us to score two goals. I remember nearly walking out as soon as Russia scored (about midway through the 1st half if I remember correctly) because it was so patently obvious that we wouldn't get the 2 goals we then needed. The simple fact of the matter is that we beat Italy because they came to Cardiff expecting to win. Their arrogance was their own downfall. What's more, when Sparky realised that his team had reached their peak and were on a downward spiral he f*cked off to mighty Blackburn leaving us in the shit...thanks for that mate.

Under Toshack I have already seen two of the best performances by a Welsh team that I've ever seen (I've been going to Wales matches since 1985 and haven't missed a home qualifier since 1999 - in total I've seen about 60-70 Wales matches). In Austria and Slovakia Wales were magnificent, and with the exception of the home debacle against Slovakia which was clearly a freak result where they scored with every shot they had (Paul Jones' fault, not Tosh's) we haven't disgraced ourselves once. Gone are the days of losing 7-1 in Holland with more or less a 100% Premiership team, 5-0 in Georgia, 5-1 in Romania, 4-0 twice in Italy (one of which was under Sparky of course) etc etc, and because of the groundwork put in by Tosh and Flynny (who was appointed under the insistence of Tosh) we can look forward to 10-15 years of success.

Tosh made it clear from the start that it would take years of rebuilding before Wales could compete again (thanks to Sparky who went for the quick fix of playing experienced players and bringing through hardly no youngsters) and that's why he insisted on a 5 yr contract when he started. To suggest sacking him and bringing back Sparky just when we're starting to play well is, frankly, moronic. Besides, why should someone else reap the rewards of Tosh and Flynn's hard work??

AJ - I'd love to see Flynn get a crack at the Wales manager job when Tosh steps down because he deserves a go after two spells as Wales u21 coach, including the most successful period in the u21s history, and he clearly desperately wants a crack at the job, but I think Deano's being groomed for the role and I fear Flynny's boat has sailed. I'd still like to see Flynn assist him though, or carry on with the magnificent job he's doing with the kids (he coaches all the age level teams, not just the u21s).

We went thru all this on Swans online....and again i agree with everything you say Evanski.....nothing more i can add to it...apart from identifying with your pain @ the Russia game... unhappy

JACK77
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 291
Join date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Mark Hughes Empty Re: Mark Hughes

Post  baglan-jack on Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:11 pm

One thing i am wondering is, will the board let Sparky spend millions and millions only for a new manager to come in after?

It is all very well having superstar players but if they cannot play as a team and not as indivduals then they will be poor.

baglan-jack
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Mark Hughes Empty Re: Mark Hughes

Post  Evanski on Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:50 pm

JACK77 wrote:
We went thru all this on Swans online....and again i agree with everything you say Evanski.....nothing more i can add to it...apart from identifying with your pain @ the Russia game... unhappy

Were you there for the Romania game in '93 Mark? That was even more painful because we actually created opportunities to win that game, we were really unlucky and it was for a World Cup finals rather than the Euros. A trip to America would've been nice too. Mind you, the death of the poor guy who got hit by a flare in the neck put things firmly into perspective. Hope the wankers responsible for that are still rotting in jail.

Despite my earlier rant I do actually like Sparky. Let's face it, anyone was a step up from Gould! He brought a professionalism back to the squad after the dark days of Gould, who was no better than a lower top flight manager, if that! He was found wanting tactically though. Tosh must've used more formations in his first 3 games as boss than Hughes did during his entire tenure. I think it says it all that even Savage now admits that Tosh is doing a good job. For once he didn't have an agenda (wanting to be reinstated to the squad) when making his comments either.
Evanski
Evanski
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2008-11-14
Location : Aberystwyth

Back to top Go down

Mark Hughes Empty Re: Mark Hughes

Post  JACK77 on Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:45 pm

Evanski wrote:
JACK77 wrote:
We went thru all this on Swans online....and again i agree with everything you say Evanski.....nothing more i can add to it...apart from identifying with your pain @ the Russia game... unhappy

Were you there for the Romania game in '93 Mark? That was even more painful because we actually created opportunities to win that game, we were really unlucky and it was for a World Cup finals rather than the Euros. A trip to America would've been nice too. Mind you, the death of the poor guy who got hit by a flare in the neck put things firmly into perspective. Hope the wankers responsible for that are still rotting in jail.

Despite my earlier rant I do actually like Sparky. Let's face it, anyone was a step up from Gould! He brought a professionalism back to the squad after the dark days of Gould, who was no better than a lower top flight manager, if that! He was found wanting tactically though. Tosh must've used more formations in his first 3 games as boss than Hughes did during his entire tenure. I think it says it all that even Savage now admits that Tosh is doing a good job. For once he didn't have an agenda (wanting to be reinstated to the squad) when making his comments either.

No i wasnt @ the romania game Evanski...and i wasnt doing much Swansea at the time either coz every penny i had was goin on booze... clown

JACK77
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 291
Join date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Mark Hughes Empty Re: Mark Hughes

Post  Evanski on Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:10 pm

Well, as George Best once said, "I spent most of my money on women and alcohol...the rest I squandered". smile
Evanski
Evanski
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2008-11-14
Location : Aberystwyth

Back to top Go down

Mark Hughes Empty Re: Mark Hughes

Post  JACK77 on Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:06 pm

Evanski wrote:Well, as George Best once said, "I spent most of my money on women and alcohol...the rest I squandered". smile

Yeah..and look where he is because of it unhappy

JACK77
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 291
Join date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Mark Hughes Empty Re: Mark Hughes

Post  Evanski on Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:42 pm

A fair point well made. thumbs up He had lots of fun though!
Evanski
Evanski
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2008-11-14
Location : Aberystwyth

Back to top Go down

Mark Hughes Empty Re: Mark Hughes

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum