Blackpool v Swansea

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Blackpool v Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackpool v Swansea

Post  DBSwansea on Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:59 am

Jack4life wrote:not been as good this season

The problem with judging a player on what you see on a highlight show is that you're not seeing a whole performance.

You are going to see the mistakes because they're generally in the build up of the opposition's goal.

Too many people judge a teams performance on what they've seen on a 5 minute highlight reel of a game.

"Most powerlifters share some common defects. We, as a whole for whatever reason, LOVE to punish, beat and torture ourselves beyond the limits of mind and body. It is our spirit that prevails. This defect of intelligence and sensibility pushes us on to the next level, makes us better and stronger. "
DBSwansea
DBSwansea

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=516785633&ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Llanelli_Jack on Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:13 am

Its true, its frustrating.
But im sure, if anyone asked us to be in this position at xmas come the start of the season, im guaranteed, nearly all of us would've taken it.
People down llanelli are doing my head in, not swans fans, but constantly going on about slipping up etc.
What people are expecting of us is too much. Could swear they think we should be pissing the league!
mad
Llanelli_Jack
Llanelli_Jack
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  DBSwansea on Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:19 am

Llanelli_Jack wrote:Its true, its frustrating.
But im sure, if anyone asked us to be in this position at xmas come the start of the season, im guaranteed, nearly all of us would've taken it.
People down llanelli are doing my head in, not swans fans, but constantly going on about slipping up etc.
What people are expecting of us is too much. Could swear they think we should be pissing the league!
mad

People that negative (and there's a few on here) need to stay under the stairs with thier comfort blankets.

10th is good people, cheer up!

"Most powerlifters share some common defects. We, as a whole for whatever reason, LOVE to punish, beat and torture ourselves beyond the limits of mind and body. It is our spirit that prevails. This defect of intelligence and sensibility pushes us on to the next level, makes us better and stronger. "
DBSwansea
DBSwansea

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack4life on Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:39 am

DBSwansea wrote:

The problem with judging a player on what you see on a highlight show is that you're not seeing a whole performance.

You are going to see the mistakes because they're generally in the build up of the opposition's goal.

Too many people judge a teams performance on what they've seen on a 5 minute highlight reel of a game.

well if they are costly mistakes then they deserved to be judged
Jack4life
Jack4life
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  DBSwansea on Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:44 am

Jack4life wrote:
DBSwansea wrote:

Not if you weren't there, how do you know how his overall performance was? He could have had a stormer and stop another 15 goals for all you know.

DBSwansea
DBSwansea

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack4life on Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:50 am

DBSwansea wrote:
Jack4life wrote:
DBSwansea wrote:

Not if you weren't there, how do you know how his overall performance was? He could have had a stormer and stop another 15 goals for all you know.

15 a bit over top and he made the mistake tht gifted them a point and took 2 of us
Jack4life
Jack4life
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  DBSwansea on Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:54 am

Jack4life wrote:
DBSwansea wrote:
Jack4life wrote:
DBSwansea wrote:

15 a bit over top and he made the mistake tht gifted them a point and took 2 of us

15 was to make a point, I wouldn't dream of being stupid enough to comment on a game I only saw 5 minutes of but if that's your thing then good for you thumbs up

DBSwansea
DBSwansea

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSafe on Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:56 am

Its just kinda frustrating tho. But I am very happy that we are 10th as i wasn't expecting it at all.
Tbh before the season started i thought that we would be in a relegation scrap but we are clearly not and looking at it now 6 draws is better than 6 losses
MrSafe
MrSafe
Impact sub
Impact sub

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack4life on Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:55 am

MrSafe wrote:Its just kinda frustrating tho. But I am very happy that we are 10th as i wasn't expecting it at all.
Tbh before the season started i thought that we would be in a relegation scrap but we are clearly not and looking at it now 6 draws is better than 6 losses

exactly frustrating
Jack4life
Jack4life
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  jenkingasscandle on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:37 am

if it was 6 losses we would be in 19th postion. which is worse in my opinion.
jenkingasscandle
jenkingasscandle
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Back to top Go down

Post  JACK77 on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:43 am

we want to be up there above Scumdiff...thats where our fustrations lie deep down....

JACK77

Back to top Go down

Post  DBSwansea on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:53 am

JACK77 wrote:we want to be up there above Scumdiff...thats where our fustrations lie deep down....

I'm glad the board and management don't buy into that crap. Forget Cardiff, in reality they're just another club. Beating them won't define our success. They have a bigger budget and more experience at this level and are probably better set up to go up than we are.

Leave them to it, for now we need to concentrate on us. Forget about them.

DBSwansea
DBSwansea

Back to top Go down

Post  jenkingasscandle on Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:38 pm

think of it as a marathon, not a sprint.
jenkingasscandle
jenkingasscandle
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack4life on Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:39 pm

jenkingasscandle wrote:think of it as a marathon, not a sprint.

yeah but any slow parts can spoil the marathon
Jack4life
Jack4life
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  dybie_jack on Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:05 am

Very true, remember would you prefer

Going up to the Premiership this year, coming straight back down, and losing Martinez becuase the fans couldn't handle the dissappointement

OR

Staying in the Championship, building a good base, and then going for the Prem in 2-3 years and staying there!

I for one know what i'd chose. We were never going to storm this league. it's too different from League 1. We need to get stability first and then look at a push. Also we are still in contention for a play off place (only 4 points) and were only half way through the season.

I agree DB, we can't compare ourselves to Cardiff, (and we shouldn't be worried about them either) they are more experienced (that's why I don't get when people think that we should be above them) it's our first year and were doing really well.
Remeber it's May time we should worry about position and points.

Everyone needs to chill!
dybie_jack
dybie_jack
First team squad member
First team squad member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack4life on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:51 pm

dybie_jack wrote:

Going up to the Premiership this year, coming straight back down, and losing Martinez becuase the fans couldn't handle the dissappointement

OR

Staying in the Championship, building a good base, and then going for the Prem in 2-3 years and staying there!

I for one know what i'd chose. We were never going to storm this league. it's too different from League 1. We need to get stability first and then look at a push. Also we are still in contention for a play off place (only 4 points) and were only half way through the season.

I agree DB, we can't compare ourselves to Cardiff, (and we shouldn't be worried about them either) they are more experienced (that's why I don't get when people think that we should be above them) it's our first year and were doing really well.

Everyone needs to chill!

im chilled pal im makin my point and everyone is argueing lol
Jack4life
Jack4life
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  dybie_jack on Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:18 pm

Jack4life wrote:
dybie_jack wrote:

OR

Everyone needs to chill!

If you're chilled you shouldn't worry so much about the draws - or the slow parts, yes it's frustrating I mean I was so happy when we scored I thought there is no wasy we can let this go, and then wham there it goes. It does make me wonder how many mreo will we give away and it was such a soft goal.
Doesn't matter anyway we all love the same team blow kisses
dybie_jack
dybie_jack
First team squad member
First team squad member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack4life on Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:24 pm

dybie_jack wrote:
Jack4life wrote:
dybie_jack wrote:

OR

Everyone needs to chill!

If you're chilled you shouldn't worry so much about the draws - or the slow parts, yes it's frustrating I mean I was so happy when we scored I thought there is no wasy we can let this go, and then wham there it goes. It does make me wonder how many mreo will we give away and it was such a soft goal.
Doesn't matter anyway we all love the same team blow kisses

correct we do
Jack4life
Jack4life
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  JACK77 on Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:27 pm

and i was only messing about in my last post hooray aslong as we stay up i don't care pray

JACK77

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack4life on Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:54 pm

JACK77 wrote:and i was only messing about in my last post hooray aslong as we stay up i don't care pray

haha i wanna finish above the scum
Jack4life
Jack4life
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  dybie_jack on Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:54 pm

Jack4life wrote:
JACK77 wrote:and i was only messing about in my last post hooray aslong as we stay up i don't care pray

haha i wanna finish above the scum

I think deep down everyone does!
dybie_jack
dybie_jack
First team squad member
First team squad member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2