Swansea till I die
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swans to sign Stephen Dobbie?

3 posters

Go down

Swans to sign Stephen Dobbie? Empty Swans to sign Stephen Dobbie?

Post  DBSwansea Sat May 02, 2009 12:01 pm

Queen of the South striker Stephen Dobbie is poised to sign a pre-contract agreement with Swansea City.

Ten clubs, including five Championship outfits, expressed an interest in the 26-year-old after he scored 24 goals for the Division One side this season. St Mirren were one of the Scottish Premier League clubs interested.

But former Hibernian forward Dobbie looks likely to choose Swansea ahead of Scottish clubs and the likes of QPR, Ipswich Town and Norwich City. Queen of the South avoided the relegation play-offs on Saturday despite a 3-0 defeat by Dunfermline Athletic.

And, speaking before the game, manager Gordon Chisholm was still hopeful of holding on to Dobbie next season. "Stephen has been offered the best contract we could possibly offer anyone as we are desperate to keep him," Chisholm told BBC Scotland.

"There's a lot of competition from down south and the Premier League, but don't underestimate how much we want him."

Dobbie, who began his career with Rangers before spells at Hibernian and St Johnstone, had indicated that he would wait until the end of the season before deciding where his future lies.

"Hopefully, whatever's going to happen will be next week or the week after," he said.

Swans to sign Stephen Dobbie? _45722465_stephendobbie226b

"We're trying to get to third place and we'll see what happens after that.

"I've had a few offers from up here and down south. I just have to sit down with my agent and see what's happening."
DBSwansea
DBSwansea

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=516785633&ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Swans to sign Stephen Dobbie? Empty Re: Swans to sign Stephen Dobbie?

Post  brecon_jack Sat May 02, 2009 12:35 pm

His record this season is brilliant. I hope we get him. It's good to see the club sorting out new players already.
brecon_jack
brecon_jack
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  baglan-jack Sat May 02, 2009 4:56 pm

The performances on the TV in the FA Cup and our sexy style of football is why we are attracting him.

baglan-jack
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Back to top Go down

Post  baglan-jack Sat May 02, 2009 5:15 pm

He might be there tomorrow, how wierd would that be Vs Blackpool, Ferrie watched us before signing Vs Blackpool

baglan-jack
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down