Swansea till I die
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bodde out for rest of season. Leon's OK

+6
Yougle
Cornellyjak
JACK77
Dunley
dybie_jack
AberdareJack
10 posters

Go down

Bodde out for rest of season. Leon's OK Empty Bodde out for rest of season. Leon's OK

Post  AberdareJack Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:15 am

Some good news and some bad...
READ MORE..
AberdareJack
AberdareJack
Über admin
Über admin

http://www.abulletproofidea.com

Back to top Go down

Bodde out for rest of season. Leon's OK Empty Re: Bodde out for rest of season. Leon's OK

Post  dybie_jack Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:00 pm

Gutted for Bodde but glad Leon is ok.

What's everyone's opinion on how we'll do for the rest of the season without Bodde?
dybie_jack
dybie_jack
First team squad member
First team squad member

Back to top Go down

Bodde out for rest of season. Leon's OK Empty Re: Bodde out for rest of season. Leon's OK

Post  Dunley Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:15 pm

dybie_jack wrote:Gutted for Bodde but glad Leon is ok.

What's everyone's opinion on how we'll do for the rest of the season without Bodde?

As long as Pratley,Britton and Gomez stay fit we should be o.k
Dunley
Dunley
YTS Trainee
YTS Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  JACK77 Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:43 pm

we ain't a one player team anymore...we've got quality across the board...he will be missed tho and our chances of reaching the playoffs might take a dent hmm

JACK77

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornellyjak Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:58 pm

JACK77 wrote:

we ain't a one player team anymore...we've got quality across the board...he will be missed tho and our chances of reaching the playoffs might take a dent hmm

Unfortunately i tend to agree Mark. sympathy
Cornellyjak
Cornellyjak
On the bench
On the bench

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=info&edit_info=all#/profil

Back to top Go down

Post  dybie_jack Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:13 am

I think it will be interesting. I agree that we are quality across the team, I was just thinking about the Wolves game, i'm sure he was suspended then and we didn't do that badly!!!

I'm not too worried about the play off's position tho. This season i'd like to concentrate on staying up, I mean don't get me wrong if we get to play off position or higher then it is a bonus but I wont be too worried if we only get mid table.
dybie_jack
dybie_jack
First team squad member
First team squad member

Back to top Go down

Post  Yougle Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:30 am

Exactly!

Like the Wolves home game showed, we are capable of playing without him against a good side and I dare saying that we would have at least got a point on Friday if Britton hadn't had to go off injured aswell!
Yougle
Yougle
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Back to top Go down

Post  dybie_jack Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:40 am

We need to keep pushing and supporting forward, especially if we're playing only one striker.

Leon does this well and so does Bodde, pratley is also good at this.

I was well impressed with Pintado, he was looking for space on Friday and kept calling for the ball.
And I can see the importance of Gomez aswell, he's fantastic at crossing the ball!

Bit disappointed with defence, Angel looked a bit out of it, do you think he was a bit down about his own goal or was the opposition too quick for him, I don't see much of that sitting in the South!
dybie_jack
dybie_jack
First team squad member
First team squad member

Back to top Go down

Post  JACK77 Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:06 am

dybie_jack wrote:We need to keep pushing and supporting forward, especially if we're playing only one striker.

I was well impressed with Pintado, he was looking for space on Friday and kept calling for the ball.
And I can see the importance of Gomez aswell, he's fantastic at crossing the ball!

Bit disappointed with defence, Angel looked a bit out of it, do you think he was a bit down about his own goal or was the opposition too quick for him, I don't see much of that sitting in the South!

We generally faded away after Britton went off i thort...infact a totally different side to the first half. I was impressed with Pintado tho...couldnt believe how quick he was...just a matter of time before he starts poppin em in regular i feel hmm

JACK77

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhos-Jack Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:11 am

Leon Britton was the best player on the pitch and even when bodde went off we still looked comfortable despite the goal, when Leon went off we lost shape
Rhos-Jack
Rhos-Jack
On the bench
On the bench

Back to top Go down

Post  JACK77 Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:14 am

and is it just me thinking this or is Brandy a headless ckicken with no end product...coz i never think..oh great he'll grab a late one for us when he comes on.. shrug

JACK77

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhos-Jack Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:15 am

JACK77 wrote:and is it just me thinking this or is Brandy a headless ckicken with no end product...coz i never think..oh great he'll grab a late one for us when he comes on.. shrug

Totally agree, maybe he will not come back after january pray
Rhos-Jack
Rhos-Jack
On the bench
On the bench

Back to top Go down

Post  AberdareJack Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:30 pm

JACK77 wrote:
dybie_jack wrote:We need to keep pushing and supporting forward, especially if we're playing only one striker.

We generally faded away after Britton went off i thort...infact a totally different side to the first half. I was impressed with Pintado tho...couldnt believe how quick he was...just a matter of time before he starts poppin em in regular i feel hmm

The trouble with Pintado is that his first touch is crap!
AberdareJack
AberdareJack
Über admin
Über admin

http://www.abulletproofidea.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DBSwansea Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:48 pm

AberdareJack wrote:The trouble with Pintado is that his first touch is crap!

Not as bad as some others.

I hope Brandy leaves in January, he's done nothing because he's not yet ready for this level. He should drop back down to league 1.

We need a target man to work in this system properly, someone to play with his back to goal and lays the ball off. Much like Hartson did for Wales a few years ago.

I haven't changed my opinion though, our priority should be safety. Once we're there, we can build on that. With that in mind we only need to replace injured players and get someone in who gives us another option when we play.
DBSwansea
DBSwansea

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=516785633&ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JACK77 Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:47 pm

DBSwansea wrote:
AberdareJack wrote:The trouble with Pintado is that his first touch is crap!

Not as bad as some others.

I hope Brandy leaves in January, he's done nothing because he's not yet ready for this level. He should drop back down to league 1.

We need a target man to work in this system properly, someone to play with his back to goal and lays the ball off. Much like Hartson did for Wales a few years ago.

I haven't changed my opinion though, our priority should be safety. Once we're there, we can build on that. With that in mind we only need to replace injured players and get someone in who gives us another option when we play.

Yep totally agree with everything....unfortunately towards the end of the game we looked so weak and there were more gaps than Shane Mcgowan's gnashers... uh

JACK77

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe King Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:12 am

getting your excuses in early I see, bring on Sunday
Joe King
Joe King
1st year scholar
1st year scholar

Back to top Go down

Post  Edzzie93 Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:20 pm

Bring on sunday! we're gonna smash you again!
Edzzie93
Edzzie93
First team regular
First team regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down